- 1 lb. ground meat of choice
- 2 cans of your favorite beans, drained (I used the equivalent of home cooked pinto beans)
- 2 1/2 cups small macaroni (elbow is the classic, but I often don't have it around)
- 28oz can diced tomatoes
- 16oz can tomato sauce
- 1 packet Epicure Mac & Cheese
- 1 packet Epicure Cha Cha Chili
- 1 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- 7 cups water
- Saute meat in Instant Pot, breaking up. Add beans to meat and stir.
- Sprinkle both the Mac & Cheese and the Cha Cha Chili seasoning packets on top of the meat and bean mix.
- Put the pasta on top of the mix WITHOUT stirring at all.
- Add 7 cups of water.
- Add the diced tomatoes and the tomato sauce to the water, ensuring all pasta is covered.
- Put lid on IP, making sure the vent is sealed. Pressure cook on high for 4 minutes. QUICK release when done. A bigger or heartier pasta could natural release for a few moments first.
- Remove the lid and stir well as it thickens.
- Add the cheese to the mix IF you don't find it cheesy enough or need to ration the cheese. I prefer to let people top their bowl, but.....kids.
Try it with only beans if you are vegetarian. And maybe some mushrooms?
Some of my product links may be affiliate links, allowing me to earn a small amount for sharing my recipes and the ingredients. Some may not.
Amount Per Serving Calories 358Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 61mgSodium 791mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 4gSugar 7gProtein 24g
For convenience, I've used an automated nutritional value calculator. i can't guarantee it's 100% correct! Want more recipes, kitchen and life hacks? Join my FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ProdMamasRecipeGroup/