- 4-6 Italian Sausages raw & uncooked
- 1 bell pepper (any color) cut into strips
- 1 medium yellow onion cut into strips
- 15oz can tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp Epicure Marinara Sauce Mix
- 1 Tbsp Epicure Poco Picante Salsa Mix
- 4-6 Hoagie rolls (hotdog buns are OK, too)
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, optional
- Combine all ingredients in a gallon size freezer bag or other freezer safe container of your choice.
- Distribute seasonings by briefly rolling the contents in your hands.
- Freeze until ready.
- Dump contents into crockpot.
- Cook on high for 3 hours, low for 6 hours, or until sausage is cooked through and peppers & onions are tender. You could also heat on stovetop until cooked through.
- Serve on rolls/buns and top with mozzarella, if you like.
This is easy enough to make one meal at a time or several for your freezer meal club. Add more peppers if you'd like more veggies or want to serve without buns.
Some of my product links may be affiliate links, allowing me to earn a small amount for sharing my recipes and the ingredients. Some may not.
Amount Per Serving Calories 414 Total Fat 27g Saturated Fat 11g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 19g Cholesterol 61mg Sodium 1318mg Carbohydrates 20g Fiber 2g Sugar 7g Protein 23g