Need a boost to your resolution resolve? Thanks to a (devoted friend and) reader who requested I make this a post. It was originally a message to my email readers
It’s the END of January. Can you believe it? Have you been sticking to your resolutions or have they fallen to the wayside? I think you’re pretty normal if they did fall to the wayside. But Productive Mama is here to help!
Are you trying to save money this year? Or manage your time better? Here are a few ways that could easily make a BIG difference.
- Call those utility and/or insurance companies to get your rates reduced. Sounds fun, right? NO! No, it does not. I have someone else call FOR me. BillCutterz will negotiate your rates for you and has for me for two years and here’s my detailed review.
- Cut your cell phone bill. I hear about people paying SO MUCH for their phones. We have three phones with unlimited phone, texts and data and pay about $60 per month. If you think, “Oh I don’t use my cell phone much” or “I just have mine for emergencies,” I’ll bet Ting could still save you money.
- Get control of your food budget. Even the simplest menu plan will help with this. And right now you can get my Extra Flexible Menu Planner on any page of ProductiveMama.com. It’s designed to be used in a variety of ways, yet be simple enough as to not overwhelm someone just starting to incorporate menu planning into her life. And it comes with examples so you can figure which way might best suit you. ALREADY A SEASONED MEAL PLANNER?
- Use PlanToEat! It will compile your list, save your favorite recipes, show what’s stocked in your freezer and even help you cook from what you ALREADY HAVE IN THE PANTRY! Here’s my full review.
- Freezer Meals. If you’re already doing well with menu planning, try doubling a recipe or taking advantage of a sale to stock your freezer. The financial and time savings are substantial. Curious but a little overwhelmed?
- NEVER done freezer meal cooking before? Here’s a FREE workshop from Erin Chase (yes, the $5 Dinners lady).
- Familiar with freezer cooking but get bogged down with the planning, list-building and meal creation? Or don’t like the freezer meal recipes you’ve seen? Then you should check out MyFreezeasy, also from Erin Chase. A small investment leads to huge savings in time and your grocery budget.
- Use that new Instant Pot! Here’s how I use mine. Oh my word, it will save you so. much. time. And money. Especially if you are NOT inclined to meal plan. I’ve linked to some of Wardee’s great posts about the Instant Pot to help get you started. Maybe you’re still stalled and a bit nervous? Here’s a great course for just $12 if you need to get over your electric pressure cooker hesitation.
- Try a pantry challenge. Yes, I know, I just walked you through one. It was a crazy time of year to try one. You can do one ANY month when you expect funds to be tight and you’ll likely save a few hundred dollars. You don’t need MY help. You can do one on your own. I promise! I don’t make them scary because I let YOU set the rules! If you’d like some tools to help, I have some Pay What You Want items available to take you step-by-step through one.
Even if you don’t make resolutions, hopefully these ideas will benefit you and your family on your journey to productive mamahood.