Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 1 unsliced round loaf sourdough bread
- 1⁄2 cup butter softened
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp milk
- Make vanilla honey butter by whipping butter 1/4 cup powdered sugar, honey and vanilla together.
- Cut the bread lengthwise into 1/2" slices, without cutting through the bottom crust.
- Spread vanilla honey butter in between the slices.
- Turn the loaf sideways and cut the loaf across the width, making about 1/2 inch pieces. Don't cut all the way to the bottom.
- Spread more of the honey butter between the new cuts. This gets pretty messy! Don't worry about perfection here, just get that butter everywhere you can!
- Combine sugar and cinnamon.
- Generously sprinkle throughout the loaf, getting it into all the crevices.
- Wrap in foil or place in a covered baker of some kind.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, until bread is warm.
- Combine powdered sugar and milk - adding milk until you get the consistency desired.
- Uncover or unwrap the warmed loaf and drizzle the icing over the loaf.
- Best served right away. This goes quickly!
My picture doesn't do this justice. It's a family favorite and I could make two, but that's probably not healthy!